Sunday, August 29, 2010

Psalm 18

What a wonderful day when we as Christians come to the realization that all that transpires on this earth, and in this life is NOT US…but IT IS GOD! It is God that bestows such blessings as freedom, the Bible, family; AND it is God that gives trials, tribulations, and at times tragedies!

I. The Source of My Strength (vs.1-3)
• When I feel like I am too emotionally, physically, or spiritually weary to go I MUST remember that my source of strength never runs dry!
• The Lord is everything I need; He is the Only One I should cling too, and He is the reason that I keep going when all hope looks lost!

II. Surrounded By Sorrows (vs. 4,5)
• Have you ever been to the place where you just feel like you can’t go on.
• Around every turn is another heartache or struggle.
• Have you ever felt as though you were drowning in misery and defeat.
• It is when I am Surrounded by Sorrows that I am supposed to run to the Source of My Strength – not away from Him!

III. The Seriousness of His Sublime (vs.6-15)
• Sublime means, “impressing the mind with a sense of grandeur or power; inspiring awe; supreme or outstanding.
• Too often we think of God as overly patient and so loving that He will not provided justice to those in need of judgment!
• Yet, here in Psalm 18 there are several verses of the Sublime actions of our God!
• The time will come – I want to be on His good side – not His wrathful side!

IV. The Statement of Ultimate Surrender (vs.30)
• Can you make this statement for your life today?
• Can you say from a sincere heart, believing that it is true?
• Or, are you thinking this morning that God has it all wrong, and he does not know what you need, nor what He is doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment