Friday, February 19, 2010

Having An AWESOME Marriage


God has blessed me so much more than I deserve. As I look at the blessings in my life I cannot get past the wonderful wife that God gave me on May 27th, 2000. Almost ten years ago I stood on a platform with my bride and little did I know, I was getting the best God had to offer!

The longer I serve the Lord the more I find that couples do not feel that way about each other. Marriage can be AWESOME, but at the same time marriage can seem like a prison here on earth. Marriage takes work! Just like anything else that we succeed at; marriage takes determination and careful consideration to figure out what your mate enjoys and you trying your best to accomplish just that - making them happy.

Someone once said that marrige is a 50/50 relationship, and that is not the case. Marriage is a 100/100 relationship. The husband must give a 100% effort to the marriage and the wife must do the same. If both, husband and wife, are giving all of themselves to the marriage and not expecting anything in return - you will find that your marriage will be happier.

I remember listening to Pastor Mike Ray speak on marriage, and one thing that stuck in my mind, and I have used it many times since, is the illustration of the triangle. If you draw a triangle and put Christ at the top, then put the husband on one lower corner and the wife on the other lower corner, and both husband and wife do everything they can to draw closer to Christ. The thing you will see is this: the closer you draw to Christ, the closer you in turn draw to each other.

I believe my marriage is AWESOME because my wife and I are both actively serving the Lord in ministry. However, we are both serving Christ at home as well. Serving God is not an on-again off-again life-style. Serving God ought to be something I do out of love for the Lord Jesus Christ.

If you want to have a marriage that you can label as "AWESOME"; then you are going to have to put Christ first and foremost in your lives, and both husband and wife is going to have to determine to give 100% of yourselves to the Lord and each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment